Cookerburra Oven Cleaning Services (North Oxfordshire) is the trading name of Hopefield Enterprises Ltd and forms part of the Cookerburra Oven Cleaning franchise. We have been trading since 2012 and provide a professional oven cleaning service throughout North Oxfordshire and some parts of Northamptonshire and Warwickshire.
In line with data protection and privacy legislation and the introduction of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we have prepared this statement which describes how we obtain and use your personal data, why we are allowed to do so by law, who has access to your personal data and your rights.
It is the responsibility of a Data Controller to ensure that this privacy statement is made available to the public and that the collection and processing of personal data is compliant with current data protection and privacy legislation.
The data controller for Hopefield Enterprises Ltd is
Mr Ian Duckworth
Hopefield Enterprises Ltd
10 Meadowsweet Way
Tel 01295 277789
Collection of Personal Data
What is personal data?
Personal data is any information that identifies you directly (for example, your Name) or indirectly (for example, your use of our website).
We may collect the following personal data about you
- Contact details: your name, address, home/work telephone number, mobile phone number and email address so that we can contact you in response to an enquiry you make via our website or Facebook page or in relation to the services that we have agreed to provide to you.
- Correspondence: we collect any additional data you may provide to us if you contact us by email, letter or telephone, through our website, by submitting a comment or making an enquiry via our Facebook page, or by any other means.
- Details of visits to our website: details of your visits to our Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
The personal data that we collect is used for the following purposes.
- To enable us to contact you by either phone or email to make or amend an appointment or answer any questions you may have.
- To prepare a hard copy customer contact sheet for our technicians in order for them to provide the services you have requested.
- To prepare a customer invoice for the work completed.
- To update your current details along with a service/appointment history
- To enable us to contact you by post, phone or email as to promotional offers or to arrange future bookings.
- To enable us to process debit or credit card payments
Please note: If you pay for our services via a debit or credit card your card details are deleted once the transaction has been processed, we retain your name and the amount paid for accounting purposes only.
The bases on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
- When you buy an oven clean or other service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
- In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
- Verify your identity for security purposes
- Sell products to you
- Provide you with our services
- Provide you with suggestions and advice on products & services – including our website, newsletters or any other form of contact
- We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
- Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
- We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Information we process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you with more information about our business, including our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing the Data Controller.
Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
- We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
- Where we process your information on this basis, we do so after having given careful consideration to:
- Whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- Whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- Whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- Record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our organisation or business responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response.
- Protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party.
- Insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage risk.
- Protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so.
Information we process because we have a legal obligation
We are subject to the law like everyone else sometimes we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
Our legal basis / reason for collecting and processing the personal data (specific)
In order to provide our oven cleaning service, we require your data to create a customer profile in order to
- Create a customer service sheet for when an appointment is made
- Create an invoice for work booked using an invoice template
- Update where necessary and create a customer booking history
- Contact customers when re book appointments are due by mail, email or phone
- When promotional offers for our services, to be contacted by mail, email or phone
Hopefield Enterprises Ltd will not sell on your personal data to any third parties, however as previously stated 3rd party suppliers may be notified as to some or all of your personal information that we collect.
Hopefield Enterprises Ltd will process and store any personal data on an on-going basis, unless you have not used our services for six years where upon it will be removed. We are obliged to keep personal information for accounting and tax purposes for this time period.
At any point while we are in procession or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – You have a right to collect data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to be forgotten – You can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Rights to restriction of processing – Where conditions apply, you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – You have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – To have the right to object to certain types or processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automatic processing, including profiling – You also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
Access to your personal information
- To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request to the Data Controller.
- After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
Removal of your information
- If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our records, you may contact the aforementioned Data Controller
- This may limit the service we can provide to you
Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Hopefield Enterprises Ltd or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority www.ico.org.uk and the Hopefield Enterprises Ltd appointed data controller
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.